Saturday, April 15, 2006

My Transportation of Choice


There are so many things that need to be said about this picture...first, I love riding my bike (except in sand storms and sub zero temperatures)...second, I think pumping someone on the back of your bike (or being pumped) is SOOO great. I know that many of you have never had this once in a life time experience...so pack your bags and come on over and I promise you a ride on the back of my bike! The funny thing about bike pumping is that I think it's technically illegal, but EVERYONE does it, and NO ONE gets in trouble for doing it. When you get to intersections where there are cops, you just jump off the back of the bike and walk across the intersection and then hop right back on...how's that for evading the law??? Now, you may be wondering what my friend and I are wearing on our faces...No, these are not SARS masks...these are worn in the winter and spring to either A) keep your face warm (which they do!) or B) keep the sand out of your mouth during one of our insane sand storms in the spring. I must say that in the winter when I wore one of these, I was the butt of a lot of jokes from my American friends...but you know what they say...When in Rhome, do as the Romans do....works for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gross, eating dirt! how do you protect your eyes rockstarkel?

Vanessa Houk said...

Funky V was gracious enough to send me some ROCK STAR sunglasses that are freakin huge...keeps the sand out no problem. By the way, as we speak the sky is yellow outside...sandstorm city.

Bethany said...

you are hot...even when kinda look like Michael Jackson.

i miss you.